Thursday 15 September 2011

Copic Class and Monthly Pack

Much as I love Scrapping pages for my albums I am enjoying at the moment making cards using my new copic markers and the skills I am learning whilst doing the copic course. Sally is doing a great job of teaching us and the techniques are sinking in.


 This month's Scrapville monthly pack was full of wonderful papers and embellishments for me to start working on some childhood photos I brought  back from my recent trip home. I loved the spots on the paper which linked in with the spotty dress Aunty Joyce was wearing while holding me. The Cricut came to the fore cutting the flowers and dimensional magic added shine to the top layers.
This photo taken with Dad at the Mount Nelson Signal Station brings back memories of the beautiful view of the Derwent River and Hobart. Times spent watching the Sydney to Hobart yachts sailing up the river and across the finish line, Coffee and wonderful meals at the restaurant ..... aaah fond memories of home and an appreciation of the beauty surrounding Hobart.
 The third page I did with the monthly pack was this one of me taken with dad's foster Mum, Granny Clarke. She died when I was quite young and I only have a very vague memory of her so I was pleased when I found this among Dad's photos on a recent trip home.
I added dimension by cutting out the leaves and butterfly and layering them in the bottom right corner of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011