Friday 15 March 2013

Bo Bunny Monthly Pack

Well here I am again with my work out of Scrapville's monthly pack.... this is the first page I made, have done another one and a card.
 
I find these packs such good value as always get a fair bit of work done and still end up with leftovers.
 

Was pleased when I went searching and found this old photo of Mum. I am guessing it was taken by a street photographer judging by the stamp on the  back.
 
I thought it was very appropriate to use these papers for a page for Mum as she was always dressmaking and had a good eye for fashion. That the papers suited a black and white photo also helped.
 
First I got some layers of the tissue paper pattern and Modge Podged it together to give it some stability and something to stick the photo to.
 
I cut the chip cardboard to size and  Modge Podged the cardstock that looked like newspaper on it.
 
While in  Modge Podge mode I then adhered the tissue paper and the photo to this and gave it all a good coat before putting it away to dry.
 
I cut the bottom border strip with my new Spellbinders border die, layered the green webbing onto it and the pleated pattern tissue, some ink finished off the bottom border.
 
 
 
Next I made the flower on the left with the spellbinders cut, tuck, fold die.
 
Added some liquid pearls to the centre of this and also to the cut out mannequin shape.
 
 
 
 
I made a small booklet to journal on by fussy cutting some rectangular shapes out of some of the patterned paper and adhering them together.
 
Before adhering the photo mount on I layered another mannequin cutout and added some pleating with what was leftover of the green tape.
 
Some liquid pearls added to the pleats gave it another dimension.
 
I cut 2 strips from the spellbinders ribbon die and threaded ribbon through before placing it under the mannequin on the right of the page.
 
To finish off I mounted some sticker words that I found reflected the photo to me and use mini alphas in the tag shape at the top to put Mums name in.
 
I am loving the new spellbinders dies and the fact that I'd forgotten how much fun Modge Podge can be.
 
Love this pack, stay tuned for more from it.
 
 

 





3 comments:

  1. Lovely page Zan ,I'm Lovin the splashes of green..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Zan.I love the spellbinders die that you used. I also love looking at these old photo's,looking at the fashions, the gloves ,bags. What an elegant era.You mum looks very elegant and I would love that coat now.
    heather B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Zan. Your folding looks great ...... I can never get my end result to look so fancy. P.S. I'd like a coat like that too..!!

    ReplyDelete

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011