Monday 18 February 2013

Off the page Scrappin



Well here's my latest challenge done and dusted.... my computer and scrapbooking desk shelves are very dark so Ii thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and do the following:

Challenge 1 - Modge Podge scraps to the back of each shelf to lighten them up a bit

Challenge 2 - Get rid of a heap of small scraps so Ican start afresh.

I wish I'd take a before photo but it's too late for that so here's number one shelf finished. 


There was no rhyme or reason beyond picking up a scrap out of my tray and sticking it to the back of the shelf then sealing it with the Modge Podge. 
I love Modge Podge as it works a a glue and a sealer - one product 2 uses.
I thought I'd start with my brown/cream stash and work on the computer desk one first. 
As I had no perception of what it would look like I am happy with the outcome and it certainly lets more light onto the shelf so can see things easier.....

Still had scraps left in the first tub so started on number 2 shelf and found that I still had heaps left over at the end.

Guess at least by keeping in the same colour tones if I ever want to put them together they'll match.


Challenge 1  ...done.

Challenge 2 was another matter as I have a set of 8 of these tubs with scraps in and I thought I'd use most of them... photo below shows how little I used out of tub one.


OMG I have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much scrappin stuff.

Well that's it from me for now .... perhaps I could roam the house and see what else I can Modge Podge scraps to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011