Friday 17 February 2012

Fussy Cutting

Been going through my completed pages before I put them into their respective albums so here's a couple of pages I did with one of my most favourite techniques "Fussy Cutting"
The first one was a photo of me for a Scrapville sketch last year. 
I cut flowers out of my scrap stash, inked a couple of stencil flourishes to tie it all in, and added a fair bit of dimensional magic. Finished off with a bit of bling as all good pages should be. .


Lots of times I buy the paper just because I love it or can see that it's ideal for fussy cutting. 
This floral page I could see would work wonderfully with this photo of Steve's sister Julie, Steve and I at Elmwood Cafe having coffee and a catch up on her recent trip through. 
These colours are those that remind me of Julie and I think the page came together beautifully. 
I also used the paper lace doily, acetate for the journalling and a chip piece for the title.. 
                                                                                       just love that fussy cutting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011