Friday 17 February 2012

Heritage Pages

                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                      
I just loved the simplicity of this page of My Dad's foster mother "Nan Clarke" and Aunty Joyce. 

I'm guessing they were on their way out somewhere.                        

The Heritage papers at Scrapville manage to tell their own story without too much embellishment and its a pleasant change for me to do what I would call a simple page.







What I like most about this page is the memory of home and friendship.

So many of the early photos I have were taken here at the Mount Nelson Signal Station and I suspect these ones were taken even before I was born.

These photos are of long time friends Colin Rowe and my Dad, Colin Machen, who both married women called Maureen.





                                                                             


This page was one of my prizewinners at Scrapville.                                                                                   

The embossing Scrapburst had to have at least one third embossed papers on it. 
The red, cream and white embossed papers were punched and layered, journalling was done on a bit of embossed vellum  and attached with tiny brads.

This photo is of me with brothers Tony and David and unknown (by me) boy on the wharf in Hobart.


The latest monthly pack at Scrapville was full of wonderful papers, embellishments and such.I really enjoyed the random placement of bits and pieces in bringing this page together.

I stencilled the flower in the top right hand corner to tone down the black a bit, fussy cut the central strip, made a tiny book for the journalling, mounted stickers, punched strips etc...

Had a great time doing this page of my Nan and Pop (Ethel and Bill Clarke), dad's foster parents. This is the only photo I have of the two of them.
I remember them visiting our home when I was maybe 3 or 4 but don't have many memories of them.
This is the second page I did out of the February monthly pack.... see earlier post for the other one. There's also some great pages other girls have done on the Scrapville blog.

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy with those heritage layouts Zan - what interesting photos for you to scrapbook. Lovely stencilling on your last layout!

    ReplyDelete

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011