Thursday 22 November 2012

Jake

 Found this photo of my nephew Jake on my niece Breezy's face book page so thought it was time to do a page of Jake for my album.

This page is the entry for Scrapville's monthly sketch this month.

Once I got my head around what I wanted to do I had a lot of fun doing it Wednesday afternoon at Wanderville....(wander in and scrap at Scrapville).

I masked the cogs using black chalk mist and added a splash of blue above it.

The mats underneath the photo were all distress inked and a rough ink line drawn on the edges of them.

I masked the plain scraps for bunting, inked all bunting edges at connected them with largish black brads.

A heap of small scraps were rolled and glued over the corner of the photo and inside bunting edges.

Buttons were added to lift the e ffect on the rolled papers and up the side of the page.

I added a bit of embroidery cotton to tie all in between the rolled paper, brads and buttons.


I cut and tore title bases out of plain card stock and inked across the top of them with a new background stamp I'd had waiting to be used.



Drew an ink line around the edges of each one and added a mix of alphas for the title.

 Love the effect of this stamp and will be using it a lot I reckon.




The page was finished off with a bit of journalling to the right of the title and a double sketched ink line around the page edges.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011