Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year



Well 2013 is here and here I am still scrapping.

I was stoked to finish off 2012 by winning the sketch of the month for my photo of Jake ... a couple of posts below this one.
I look forward to seeing what new goodies I get to play with for my prize.

Because I ended 2012 so nicely I thought I'd start 2013 with this month's sketch from Scrapville which is of my niece Celeste.

I used one of the lovely background Japanese style papers from Scrapville and added a semi circle of it to the white card stock as the base for what was to come.

The photo was matted with a reverse side  piece of the Japanese print and some red card stock and this was mounted on to the gorgeous embossed pink piece.

Embellishments were some quilled flowers and couple of silk leaves. A chip picket fence and wooden clock added effect.

At the top above the EL in Celeste's name is a cut out semi circle (this doesn't show up well because of the background I photographed it on.

A chip flourish and a button finished this top area off along with the title.

The journaling down the bottom was attached to the page with a pearl topped pin.

All papers were inked in a pinky red ink to tie everything in together.

I've also been having fun with some card making with some of the new Scrapville stock, will post some photos of them soon.

Janet has revamped the whole store over Christmas and it looks great and now I have a really good excuse to look for new stuff as I have to relearn where everything is.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zan, Thanks for popping by my blog. Well done on your Scrapville win at the end of last year. Love the Japanese themed paper in this layout..will have to ask Janet why she didn't send me any LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire
    Yes the Japanese themed paper is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Colton

Colton

Renmark S A

Renmark S A
August sketch 2011